I am sending money occasionally to my family and friends in Europe. I noticed that I had enough points to get credit towards the fees I pay for sending.

I redeemed my points and paid less in fees - wonderful. My bank paid the WU bill via WU Pay without problem and then we were waiting....for three weeks nothing happened except WU sending me occasional messages that my bank didn't pay the bill. I finally called WU and a rep told me he would send an email to WU Pay department to expedite the processing. Three days later the WU processed the payment and gave the person in Europe only 3 days to pick it up - during the weekend.

The person I sent it to lives in a small town and the WU location over the weekend is closed - the WU agents should have checked that first, could have given us more time for pick up since the problem was on their side.

The person in Europe really had to jump through the hoops to pick up the money before they would send it back. The points don't work since nobody processes it, it just hangs somewhere....don't use the points, it is not worth the hustle.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problem with delivery of western union money transfer. Western Union needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned western union money transfer in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Western Union.

Comments