Japan, 〒160-0023 Tōkyō-to, Shinjuku-ku, 新宿区Nishishinjuku, 1 Chome−2−8
Resolved

Update by user Jul 24

I wrote to a few official agent emails and they processed it without requiring any extra documents.

Original review posted by user Jul 24

I compared the prices of WU vs my local bank and sending money with WU seemed cheaper, so I went ahead and tried using their service for the first time, to transfer to a bank account in another country.Seven days later I check the status and it says that the payment is on hold, the shop that took money calls WU and they tell him I'm on a black list.

I call WU to ask what the *** and they reply that they can't send money to the bank of a country I picked, even though they took it and the agent could process the info with no problem. They then tell me that I can get my money back next day. Next day a representative calls me telling that they need birth date and an ID of the receiver, even though the money never left the original country I sent them from?! The receiver isn't replying, so I assume it must have been a scam.

In the end WU is refusing to return my money back to me with the original receipt, as well as all my IDs and documents being in tact! So they had no problem accepting money with those documents, but they can't give them back?

I'm very pissed off because it's not like the money went anywhere, they just took them and now they're keeping them for no reason whatsoever.This is my fisrt and last time using their crappy services.

Review about: Western Union International Money Transfer.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Had an Experience with Western Union?

Comments