Western Union hides worldwide its exact store where the fraud had been done and with that deletes all possibilities for investigations of your money. Of course the next crime that only can mean that this address is Western Union itself or US governmental sections (FBI or judicial authorities).In all these cases your transfer never was sent to the place you ordered it!!!.For all victims please read the following carefully to get your money back:Office of Attorney General Terry Goddard
STATE OF ARIZONA ANDREA M. ESQUERDEPARTMENT OF LAW PRESS SECRETARY12 75 W. WASHINGTON STREET PHONE: (602) 542-8019PHOENIX, ARIZONA 85007-2926 CELL PHONE: (602) 725-2200WWW.AZAG.GOVFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Western Union Agrees to Warn ConsumersAbout Fraudulent Money Transfers(Phoenix, Ariz. – Nov. 14, 2005) Attorney General Terry Goddard today announced an agreement with Western Union Financial Services, Inc., which will address concerns about the company’s wire transfer services by fraudulent telemarketers.Goddard joined Attorneys General representing 46 other states and the District ofColumbia in this agreement. The accord calls for Western Union to fund an $8.1 Million national consumer awareness program, and to provide consumer warnings on the forms completed by customers using its wire transfer services. Western Union is a wholly owned subsidiary of First Data Corporation, based in Greenwood Village, Colorado. The agreement addressed the high number of "fraud-induced transfers," money wired by consumers to fraudulent telemarketers and other scam artists. For example, some telemarketers use a "lottery" scam, in which they tell consumers they have won a large sum of money but must pay taxes or other charges in order to claim the winnings. The victims are then directed to send the money by wire because wire transfers are fast, there are transfer agents in most communities and funds can be picked up in multiple locations."The warning Western Union is placing on its documents is clear and prominent,"Goddard said. "It will help consumers protect themselves. We need ‘third parties’ likeWestern Union, and other financial institutions, including banks, to help us fightconsumer fraud."The problem of fraud-induced transfers is substantial. Based on a survey conducted by seven states, it was estimated that over 29 percent of Western Union transfers inexcess of $300 from the U.S. to Canada were fraud-induced, representing 58 percent of the total dollars transferred and an average of over $1500 per transfer. Total American consumer losses to Canada in the year 2002 alone were estimated at $113 million.The agreement reached with the Attorneys General and Western Union requires:
Office of Attorney General Terry GoddardOffice of the Attorney GeneralPage 2??Western Union to place prominent warnings to consumers about the dangers offraud-induced wire transfers. The warnings must be in English and Spanish, andappear on a new front page of Western Union’s Send Form. Comparable warningsare required for telephone and Web transfers.??Western Union to pay $8.1 million over five years for national peer-counselingprograms to be overseen by the AARP Foundation and designed to reach at leastthree million consumers.??Western Union to reimburse the amount of any transfer, plus fees, to any consumerwho requests, prior to pickup, that a transfer be stopped and who reasonably claimsthat the transfer was fraud-induced.??Western Union to send monthly anti-fraud emails to its agents, revise thecompany’s agent training video and manual, and provide enhanced training toagents with elevated fraud levels at their locations.??Western Union to terminate agents who are involved in fraud and suspend orterminate agents who do not take reasonable steps requested by WU to reducefraud.??Western Union to block wire transfers from specific consumers or to specificrecipients when Western Union receives information from a state that there isreason to believe that fraud will occur, until such time as the consumer is counseledon fraud and requests resumption of the transfer.###
But do not worry: As US Governmental authorities also make money with your frauded money and how will be explaines in my next publications
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Western Union Money Transfer
- Review category
- Cash Services
You May Also Like
- "Do not do business with the "Cash Store" or any other business of this type. They are freely willing to offer loans and don't require a credit check, but..."
- "THIS IS THE FRAUDULANT AD POSTED ON WEBSITES ***Turn $20 into $200, $100 into $1000*** Hello. My name is Kelly and I am the lead supervisor at a local Walmart..."
- "I recently wired 9000 php via Remitly to be picked up at M Luillhier Kalamansig,Sultan Kudarat. My aunt went there three times to pick up the money BUT WAS DENIED..the..."
- "On Feb-16-14 I bought a painting for my father on Ebay from seller with nick name "Yosy" (http://www.ebay.com.sg/usr/yosy) , who represented "Urban Gallery" located on the Ben Yehuda street 72..."
- "I bought a Micheal Kors' bag through this site on 29th november. On 29th december I received this email from them (from this address: firstname.lastname@example.org): _______________________________________________________ Dear sarah goncalves, Thank you so much for..."
- "Free samples only postage to pay it said£3.99 month later I was minus £209.77 from bank. I'm a pensioner..."
- "I was notified that I had won the Birds & Blooms Great Backyard Giveaway contest. I was in formed that I had won (one) HOLIDAY BELL™ with Hummingbird Wind Catcher..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."
- "I purchased a dining room set from Bad boy, and requested delivery and set up after hours. They sold me the dining room set and delivered on time, however, the..."