1K views

Never, ever use Western Union if you can possibly avoid it.

This morning I attempted to send $1,000 to a family member via Western Union online. After they had taken the money from my bank account, they asked me to upload a scanned copy of my drivers license. So I did that, except their file server returned an error (something was broken on their end), upon which they canceled the transaction.

THAT would be well and good, except now the money won't be returned to my account for up to 10 days. Seriously? It took 5 seconds to take my money and 10 days to return it? I checked online and whadayaknow .... there is a long list of people who've had exactly this experience.

Western Union sucks!

Review about: Western Union Money Order.

Had an Experience with Western Union?

Comments

I sent money via WU on Monday...the receiver STILL hasn't gotten the money and it's Thursday now.I spoke to Paula- incompetent girl who took 10 minutes to grasp what was happening & expects people to travel around the city to see if a different WU will dispense the money.

Mike wasn't any better & thought that by apologizing it would make it all better. Carl was some foolish kid who cared even less than his minions. Still no money, still frustrated.

Don't send money via WU.ITS A WASTE OF TIME & MONEY!!!

to Anonymous Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States #1038835

I'm so sorry.I posted my comment three years ago.

It appears WU hasn't gotten any better.They really should be out of business by now.

WU is the worst. They would not give money to our daughtr because her id included a middle name and there is no middle name slot in the wu form. Bunch of *** idiots.

Santa Maria, California, United States #862527

*** Head Western Union.....

I was using this card nearly daily up to the end of June 2014.In early July 2014 I created online access to the card at the western union prepaid card online.

At that time I believe my card balance was $66.00. Also, I claimed $100.00 of my rewards points and requested to add the $100.00 to the card. The $100.00 was added right away.

I never tried using the above mentioned card until middle of July 2014 and I could not access the card not even to check balance.

So, I went online and logged into the online prepaid website and the previous posted rewards amount of $100.00 was deleted and the following day when I checked it online, the entire card had been removed from the website.

Why would western union post to my card the rewards $100 and then delete it?

Secondly, why would western union delete my online account without notice??

Now it is nearly 45 days later and no letter or email from western union as to why? If western union does not want me to use their services any longer then I hereby request a letter or email stating their reason for my not being able to use your services.

Check my western union history and you will know that I have paid a lot of money to use your services over the past years. I also, have many rewards points that have not been claimed and if I knew that you were going to cease my use of your services, I would of claimed my many years of rewards. Is this...

Usually, if someone abuses or violates an agreement the issuer gives written notice of any violation to the agreement. Western union has not given me any written or verbal reason for their actions.

Whatever the reason for restricting my use of your services please send your reason (s) in writing.If Western Union has chosen not to allow my use of your services any longer then besides a letter of reason, I hereby request a check from you for the balance of money that was on my card when you stopped my use of the said card and that would include my July 2014 added rewards amount that was posted to my card in July 2014 of $100.00

Denver, Colorado, United States #834475

I agree western union sucks major ballzack!I lost a money order and called them to cancel.

they said they would send me a form via mail and I needed to fill it out, have it notarized and return it via mail. And if the money order wasn't cashed between now and the time they process my form then they would refund my money. Well that could be a week using snail mail. so now I'm waiting and praying that no one cashes my money order between now and then.

So hopefully in 6-8 weeks I'll have my money back..This place is a sad joke..

to Solowon #834535

Good luck! That's a major bummer.

paypal never goes wrong! fxxk western union

Their website sucks.The only options for receiver are name and country.

But the receiver gave me a bunch of numbers that I have nowhere to fill them in.I am curious if I fill in Obama, USA, would they send the money to President Obama or someone with the same name.

Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States #618468

Today I discovered western union OUTSOURCES ITS CALL CENTER.

This is bad enough with millions of Americans unemployed.

But the foreign nationals answering the phones for western union some day my speak English as a second language.

The accents were very heavy and no native English speaker was available.

I’m still not sure how my money disappeared.

WU should be ashamed taking jobs from Americans.

WU should pay a fine for each Job sent out of the USA.

Please be very careful with WUnion online service from your bank account to your receiver.Today, after waiting 24 hours for them to verify everything about my bank account and my identity, the $700 that I was sending online, was taken out of my account and I was given a PID number.However, when I tried to enter the PID number and could not, I contacted their chat line.

Chat person told me that my verification process failed and that I would have to wait 7 days ( or more ) for a refund into my bank account.

I was devastated.:sigh