1.3

Well my bank card expired so have no real way of getting cash until next week. So WU came to mind, have an account with them & logged in & all seemed straight forward.

Used POLI to pay from my bank account and this is the point where I would suggest Western Union are common thieves. They allow me to authenticate with account details to my bank account and take my money out of my account. There is no alert or message that there is anything wrong with the transaction. I drill right down to the detail of the transaction where it says pending - further information required.

So I ring their number and after about 30 mins of trying to find out how to get through to a human, they tell me they have decided to decline my transaction due to security checks. I asked why doing these checks was done after they took my money & they had no answer. I asked when I would see my money again, they said it had been transferred straight back into my account & took their word for it. Check my account and it was not back in there.

Rang back and was escalated to the third group of people before realising its a waste of time & they have stolen my money and I will just have to accept that it is gone and be happy when and if it shows up in my account again. My question here is why does WESTERN UNION not make your decision to process the transaction prior to taking my money out because me putting in my authentication details for my bank for a POLI transaction have nothing to do with Western Union, there is no information that Western Union needs from that process. This means you make your decision based on information you had prior to swiping my money from my account. That is why I consider you thieves.

The same way I consider someone I give money to, to go to the shops and buy some food and then never say anything and disappear. When called they say, its all good I will be back in about a week but cannot fit what I promised to do in so I will give you back your money then. It is low in an ethical sense and I would like to think that by doing this sort of thing that the business suffers in some way even with the widely known name it has.

The behaviour is despicable and I am glad I am not in a position where I need that money back in a hurry. Adam Randall

Product or Service Mentioned: Western Union Money Transfer.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Worst experience with a company i have ever had, Money was not there right away, 800 number and customer service, Over 2 hours we spent hearing their lies.

Comments

Is there anyway to resolve issues with western union holding funds and opening a case number for a particular transaction?

offconsumerpissed