I sent money to Vietnam last week and got an email confirmation that the money is available to pick up. Few days later the receiver sent me an email saying the money is not available/error. I checked my bank statement, it's been debited for my account. Tried to email WU, but the captcha in "Contact Us" section is not working so I can't do anything with email, so I gave WU a call(international call as I am overseas until now), and WU advised they tried to call me and failed to verify within 5 days, but I never had any email confirmation that I need to do verification. If they need to verify for security why my bank account was debited in the first place? They say the money will be credited back to my account as the transaction rejected and I will soon get the rejection email soon.

Related: Western Union - Never use them

The transaction's been almost a week and no rejection email whatsoever, the money is on hold not sure for how long. My booking trip cancelled because the receiver cannot get the money and my money is stuck on WU account. First time using WU and won't be back using it again. Feeling frustrated and scammed right now.

Review about: Western Union Money Transfer.

Privacy and Data Security
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $345
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Western Union?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.