Privacy and Data Security

I sent money to Vietnam last week and got an email confirmation that the money is available to pick up. Few days later the receiver sent me an email saying the money is not available/error. I checked my bank statement, it's been debited for my account. Tried to email WU, but the captcha in "Contact Us" section is not working so I can't do anything with email, so I gave WU a call(international call as I am overseas until now), and WU advised they tried to call me and failed to verify within 5 days, but I never had any email confirmation that I need to do verification. If they need to verify for security why my bank account was debited in the first place? They say the money will be credited back to my account as the transaction rejected and I will soon get the rejection email soon.

The transaction's been almost a week and no rejection email whatsoever, the money is on hold not sure for how long. My booking trip cancelled because the receiver cannot get the money and my money is stuck on WU account. First time using WU and won't be back using it again. Feeling frustrated and scammed right now.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of western union money transfer and associated monetary loss in the amount of $345. Western Union needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned western union money transfer in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Western Union.

Had an Experience with Western Union?

Comments