Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

I have been using Western union for 3 years to help my family financially in Brazil. So far, I haven't had any problems, but unfortunately when the problem came it came big.

I sent 200 dollars to my sister yesterday ( 1/11/2018), the money was to pay for my mom's utilities. This morning my sister went to the bank to get the money, same bank she always does, then she called me saying she was at the bank and they told her that the operator was telling her that the transaction was canceled by me. they gave her a receipt showing the status. I checked in my WU account and showed her that the transaction was not canceled.

She showed the bank operator and he said: while the status is as canceled here i cannot do anything. There is one thing really important to know about WU system, once the bank operator types the tracking number to check anything, the system automatic sends me an email saying that the money was picked up by the receiver and also registers it as delivered, but the money actually wasn't delivered. So when I called WU to tell them what happened and ask for help they told me the money was delivered. I said that wasn't, explained everything to them and now they want to open an investigation that will take 20 days.

Super Fair huh, my mom doesn't get the money, i don't get the money back, but instead they keep the money. I am super frustrated with the situation, last month i sent a total of 3 grand to Brazil, imagine if this has happened? I just can't trust them anymore. One of the girl on the phone told me that the money was picked up in a Brasilia, that is in a state that I don't know anyone there.

so was fraud, I asked her and she refused to give me information.

So I would like to end saying that: 1- their operators speak terrible English, I literally cried on the phone because I just couldn't understand what they were saying and they refused to get someone on the line that could speak the language. 2- They need to change their system, what kind of system that complete the transaction registering that the money was delivered when it wasn't?When they bank types the tracking order, he is just checking what is in there and not delivering the money, after entering the tracking number then comes the questions to know if the person is there trying to get the money is the real one, then he needs to check the status of the money, if it is already available etc...They have to fix that and get the system only register the delivery when the receiver has the money in hand.

Product or Service Mentioned: Western Union Money Transfer.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments