I had an emergency and needed to send money. I usually go to an agent to do that. Since it was late at night I had to use their phone transfer.

After getting all the details, they transferred me to a different department and then told me my transaction cannot be validated because my phone numbers cannot match their database. I gave them my company phone number as well as my personal phone number.

They asked me to check with my phone company. After a while I checked my bank account and figured out that they have charged my debit card even before validating me as a customer. So now money is stuck....it is 5am...the whole night was spend first in trying to send the money and then to get it back. This is ridiculous, what kind of procedure is this?

The supervisor is blaming my bank for this. I am frustrated & very angry. Please suggest ways that I could do something about it. This is ridiculous really.

Review about: Western Union Money Transfer.

Comments

I just had the exact same thing happen to me i have no idea what kind of process they had but it sucks they deferentially need to make sure the computer can generate questions..validate u as a customer before they make sure the payment is due.... i am very pissed also...

Nis, Vojvodina, Serbia #123179

HI JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I HAD BOTHER WITH WESTERN UNION YESTERDAY I HAVE HAD ID ON ME MY BUS PASS WICH IS SUPPORTED BY THEGOVERNMENT I WAS SUPPOSE TO PICK UP SOME MONEY YESTERDAY AND THEY DISCRIMMINATED BECAUSE OF MY BUS PASS AND ON THERE WEBSITE ILOOKED IT UP AND I WAS SURELY INSULTED BY WESTERN UNION BECAUSE I CANT DRIVE AND BECAUSE THEY WOULDNT ACCEPT MY BUS PASS WITH PHOTOAND MY DETAILS AND WHEN I PHONED THEM UP THEY HANGED UP ON ME ITS ALL BECAUSE I CANT DRIVE OR I HAVENT GOT A LICENCE BECAUSE IM ON MEDICATION WHICH HAS AFFECTED ME SO EVERYONE DONT WA\STE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH WESTERN UNION I HAVE INVOLVED MY LOCAL MP