I sent money to my sister. I gave what the agent asked for when I sent it. I do not know why they needed my personal info as I was not asking for a loan or setting up a bank account with them. I paid for their service to wire MY MONEY to my sister, not to get the third degree.

When I my sister went to pick the money up, I had to call them again to verify my information. Why? The agent copied everything there at the store. They even asked where I was born! They also asked for my social security number! One would think it was their money!

I have had many loans on a car and my home. I even have a credit card. One loan was over $300,000. That company did not ask where I was born!

Now I worry if one of the agents will use my information to use for ID fraud. I put a freeze on my credit report and have protection now. If you are a victim of ID theft, start with Western Union! You'll more than likely find the person there.

Had an Experience with Western Union?

Comments

NM1938

Maybe you should consider making a complaint to the www.consumerfinance.gov, they are compiling information consumers are having with money transfers.

Double Bitcash - Doublebitcash.com is a not good and bad too Double Bitcash "Beware of this company i purchased bitcoins and NEVER GOT them i purchased bitcoin from this company over 2 weeks ago and sill no bitcoins. Purchased Bitcoin miner, paid for..." Read more Popmoney - More that a week for fund to be available Popmoney "It takes more than a week for funds to be available. Even when you are notified that the fund is available it takes an additional 3 days minimum to see..." Read more Rise Credit - Double interest charge Rise Credit "Looking at my statement, when you subtract my balance from the payment the result is my interest charge. I thought the interest charge was already included in the payment, do..." Read more Ingo Money - Identity Theft and Poor customer service (I'm not sure they are human, might be programs). Ingo Money "Today I called customer service and was directed to a website for online chat for immediate customer service. I'm not sure this was a human being, it may have been..." Read more Lbc Express - Shitty service Lbc Express "21st i wasnt at home so i didnt know if it came or not but, but when i ask my mom she said nothing came. So I waited the day..." Read more Kenneth Cole - WALLET DEFECTED ,WITHOUT USING IT WAS TORN Kenneth Cole "WORST PRODUCTS....INFACT SPURIOUS MATERIAL USED..... NO COMPARISON WITH MK OR WITH COACH...KENNETHCOLE REACTION ....A BIG NO TO KENNETHCOLE REACTION... THE COMPANY HAS NO ANSWER.....THEY SAY GET IT REPAIR FROM A..." Read more Thrifty Propane - Problem with delivery driver's capabilities and Thrifty's no response attitude. Thrifty Propane "I have, for the last 2 years, had a delivery driver that either can't backup the truck properly or simply doesn't care where he puts it. The first episode was..." Read more Rockport - Worst product and even worst customer service - their shoe has caused damage/ injury to my ankle Rockport "This is what I wrote to Rockport: I am really surprised that rather than looking at the issue where your product has caused an injury, your response is purely focussed..." Read more