A money order I purchased for $500.00 was lost in the mail.I thus submitted a refund request.

In the meantime, the money order was mailed back to me. So I submitted a CANCELLATION OF THE REFUND REQUEST so the payee of the money order could cash the money order. Meantime, I received an email from Western Union verifying that my request for cancellation of the refund request had been processed and that the money order was cashable.

When the payee went to cash the money order, it bounced and was not honored.

I called customer service, they said that day AFTER I received EMAIL from WU that they had processed my cancellation and mailed a check out to me . I am still awaiting the check (during the allotted waiting period to receive mailed refunds).

WESTERN UNION WAS INCOMPETENT, confused matters, one department stating MONEY ORDER WAS CASHABLE, another DEPARTMENT CANCELLING THE MONEY ORDER AND SENDING THE REFUND. THIS IS MAJOR MAJOR INCOMPETENCE, People.

I will NEVER USE a most unreliable and incompetent money gram service such as Western Union EVER again.

There are MORE COMPLAINTS against this financial service than that of others.Incompetent service.

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Western Union. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Western Union.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cash Services category for more informed decision or compare Western Union to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Western Union?

Comments