I attempted to use the western union online service.I received a message saying that the transaction could not be processed using the information given.

I called to use the telephone option and the rep that I was speaking to said that no money would be removed from my account until the transaction was completed. This was a misleading statement. There was a hold put on my account for the amount of the transaction from the moment they entered my credit card information into their system. They did not tell me this before hand.

I never would have given my information had I known. The transaction was declined due to the phone number that I was using was a cell phone and not listed (Which I repeatedly told the rep that I was speaking to before she attempted to check to see if it was listed). Now there is a hold on my account for the amount that I wanted to send plus a thirty three dollar fee!!!

And to top it all off the rep that I spoke with was rude.I am never using Western Union Again!

Had an Experience with Western Union?

Comments

Agreed, WU is the worst.I am stuck in a foriegn country with no way to leave because of the hold that WU has put on my CC.

My bank has authorized it, all info is correct but still a no go with WU. I keep hearing " I am sorry " with no reasons or answers to my dilemma. On top of this I have sent upwards of 50 grand through WU.

Talk about being treated like a number.NEVER AGAIN!