This just happen to me. I purchased a money order and I made it out but ended up not needing that amount to pay the bill so it was given back to me.

My bank will not take the money order so I called the place of purchase and was told that they do not cash money orders. I have the stub and the receipt and I can't get my money back. I paid a $1.00 fee for what. Call the number on the back of money order and they told me to take it to a check cashing place but WU can't even provide me a list of check cashing places that will take the money order back.

Ok. I suck it up and pay a fee to cash this money order if I can find a check cashing place to take it. If I'm unsuccessful locating a check cashing place that will take it back I will send it back to WU but believe me I will never buy another Western Union money order.

Lesson well learned.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Western Union. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $450 and wants Western Union to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was how situation is handled. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Western Union and western union money order for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments