Our family had a situation where my mother received a phone call that I was in the hospital and needed money.She believed the caller and sent money via Western Union in my name.

This money was picked up and guess what? It was not me! Western Unions policy is that once the money was picked up they have NO LIABILITY! Their excuse is that the person picking up the money must have had a fake ID.

They accept no liabllity for making the mistake.They stated that they would note the file and that would be all they could do.

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST!!!!

Review about: Western Union Money Transfer.

Had an Experience with Western Union?

Comments

I am sorry your mother fell for that very well known scam.

However, why should WU have to pay for your mother's ignorance? I believe WU has a big warning at the top of their web site to not send money unless you are certain to whom the money is going.

You and your mother are not in rare company. Scammers are stealing millions, if not billions, of dollars every year through Western Union. Unfortunately, there is no way currently for WU to verify whether an ID is valid. The name and transaction code, or whatever it is called, is about the best that can be done.

Western Union Money Transfer Review from Prichard, Alabama Western Union "Several weeks ago I sent it Western Union $70 to my girlfriend in the Philippines I made a mistake by putting her name backwards and then I made another mistake..." Read more Keep Rewarding - This is a SCAM site ! Keep Rewarding "They are not paying people. They owe me money and have no intentions of ever paying it. This place is a complete and total SCAM! Me: 8 days and no..." Read more Xcoins stole my money I have proof Xcoins "I been with xcoins a while and have over $25,000 in transactions . But recently I was in my Paypal account reviewing some charges and I found two of them..." Read more Global Cash Card - Stealing Global Cash Card "I never see about such a company!!!! When you check your account at they ATM they charged you $1. They collude with those staffing agencies which choose to pay you..." Read more Pepperfry - Cheap & Fake Quality Products along with No Returns Pepperfry "Hi there, This is your valuable customer who had placed Order: 303369106 through which Duplicate Tupperware Bottles were delivered to me. I even confirmed that these Bottles were Duplicate by..." Read more Thrifty Propane - Problem with delivery driver's capabilities and Thrifty's no response attitude. Thrifty Propane "I have, for the last 2 years, had a delivery driver that either can't backup the truck properly or simply doesn't care where he puts it. The first episode was..." Read more Rockport - Worst product and even worst customer service - their shoe has caused damage/ injury to my ankle Rockport "This is what I wrote to Rockport: I am really surprised that rather than looking at the issue where your product has caused an injury, your response is purely focussed..." Read more Wayfair - Bed bugs Wayfair "I purchased a upholstered bed frame from wayfair. Put it together with ease and it was beautiful. Fast forward a few months and myself and my kids started getting welts...." Read more