My son send money to himself in Spain on October 3 since he was going to study in Madrid and needed the money once there to open a bank account and rent an apartment.He sent the money on October 3.

He travel to Madrid (Spain) on October 7, arriving on October 8. He went to reclaim his money and they told him that it was retrieved in October 5 at Uderza, Madrid location office. He was not even in Madrid that day. Since then we presented a claim to not avail.

On October 19 a Customer Representative called to let us know that the money was properly given to someone who presented a "valid gobernment ID" in Spain and they could no nothing. The ID obviously was fake, Can they check the ID? No, they say. They do not have the means to do so.

And thats it. Can they send me a copy of the ID so I can go to the police and they can check if it is false? No, they say they have to respect Privacy policies. THAT PROTECT THE THIEF.

And thats it. We have lost our money.

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IF TOU SEND MONET THROUGH WESTERN UNION YOU ARE NOT PROTECTED.ANYONE WITH A FAKE ID THAT LOOKS REAL TO AN AGENT CAN GET YOUR MONEY.

Review about: Western Union Money Transfer.

Had an Experience with Western Union?

Comments

The same happened to me last year. Western Union sucks. I never use it anymore.