I sent a money order using my credit card 2 weeks ago using WesterUninon.com.Today I tried to send the same amount, to the same recipient, using the same credit card and the transaction was denied.

I spent one hour on the phone talking with customer support located in the Phiilipines (sherry #532, then her manager Bobby #489). They told me that a new validation procedure was in place and that my phone number could not be validated. They could not provide me with any solution, and they could not provide me with who to contact to correct the phone number issue. I'm frustrated, angry, and I have been greatly inconvenienced.

I give customer service a zero because they could not provide me with any useful information to fix a very simple issue.I will never use western union again, I will recomend to all my friends and family that they not use western union, and I am going to publsih my negative experience on the web and encourage others also not to use western union.

Review about: Western Union Money Transfer.

Had an Experience with Western Union?

Comments

I sent some money to a family member last week and he could not receive it because it so happens that the name of the receiver happens to be barred from western union for 10 years, so i called them and they informed me that the receiver needed to fax them over a copy of his ID, he refused to just that because he felt offended and besides I the sender verified all information to them and they stated that i need to send them an email with the mtcn #, my name and the reason why the receiver could not receive the money, I told them to cancel it and release my money to me they said they will after i send them the email,it's been a week since then and they keep calling me for more information and holding my money, telling me it will be returned to me soon, the legal department needs to release it, every day it's something different. This has been a night mare it got to the point where I told them if they need the money that bad keep it and stick it where the sun don't shine A-holes. :upset

The problem is if you have an unlisted number. I called probably 10x until I could get an answer that made sense.

Their Online system is no longer usable to anyone who has an unlisted number, as it can not be verified against "public databases".

It will now take 3 weeks for them to clear the pending transaction which has tied up my card to resend via another source.

I was sending a money in minutes money transfer today as I had previously done with my account for several years.I spent 30 minutes talking to the rudest western union customer service representative (she had a foreign accent)located in the phiilipines (rude customer rep who wouldn't give me her name and a make believe manager who when I asked his name gave me back to the original rude customer rep).

I was told that a new validation procedure was in place and that my phone number could not be validated. They could not provide me with any solution, and they could not provide me with who to contact to correct the PHONE NUMBER issue. I'm disgusted, angry and have been greatly inconvenienced. I am giving western union customer service a minus -0 because they could not provide me with any useful information to fix a very simple issue.

They when my husband came to use his card and phone number they flagged both of our accounts with "Use Cash Only at Dispensing Location"? This I found to be very personal and very unprofessional. It is a blatant misuse of power.

I will NEVER USE westion union again, I will recommend to all my friends and family that they not use western union and I am going to publish my negative experience on the web and encourage others also not to use western union.dco660

Same old story, a friend needs money right away and the lower internet charges are made impossible by their lack of proper database.This is very profitable for them and very inconvenient and expensive for me.

They were going to get $18 for a $20 transfer come *** or high water and I totally believe that it is entirely intentional.

Why is this form of extortion legal?Do our political "representatives" really have nothing better to do than committing adultery?

Fort Gaines, Georgia, United States #264618

IT CAME TO MY ATTENTION THAT ALL THE INFORMATION THAT I HAD WITH YOU SENDING MONE TO TWO DIFFERENT PLACES WAS REALIASED TO MY HUSBAND..WHICH PUT ME IN A GRAVE DANGER WITH HIM.. I DID NOT KNOW THAT EVERYTHING IS RELEASED TO OTHER PEOPLE..IM LIVING WITH FEAR FOR MY LIFE NOW BECAUSE OF THIS.. PLEASE MAKE A NOTE OF IT IN MY INFORMATION ..SO IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN..NO ONE CAN SEE MY INFORMATION NOT MY HUSBAND OR DAUTHER..EXCEPT IF GOVERMENT WANTS TO CHECK..

:( I had the exact same issue today.I was trying to send money to my friend with a sick child.

The child has many many health issues and was doing very well for a few weeks so they went on vacation. I the middle of the vacation he fell very very ill, and ended up having to pay for a hospital visit during their trip which was expensive and unexpected. I tried to send money via credit card over the internet with Western Union, but had the same issue with needing a phone number to validate, their "3rd party company" that authorizes phone numbers told me that my number did not belong to me. I feel like I'm being accused of being a criminal trying to pull of identity theft.

If a person has the credit card security number there should be no reason for a telephone number to autorize its use. I do not like being accused of being a criminal, and I am very upset that I was treated this way while trying to help a friend get home to get her son who was in a life threatening position the care that he needed. I will NEVER even cosider using Western Union ever again.

I have filed a complaint with a manager from the company was told that the 5 customer service reps who were plain old rude and inconsiderate will no longer be working for the company, however their procedure is still in place.If you need to send money, use money gram, they will use a credit card over the internet and not treat u like a...