Olalla, Washington

I tried using Western Union to send money internationally to a person online and had 2 crashes, then completed but had a cannot transfer $ message.It was probably my credit card company protecting me, but WU didn't suggest that possibility, just to take cash to a store front which opening time they had wrong by 2 1/2 hours.

I also tried by phone and was asked for my social security number to complete the transaction! I was dumfounded. This was after the money was pre authorized. I know our ss#s are out there, but I've never had a company require it and figured I'd reached a fraudulent person.

I've barraged WU with email complaints and they have responded same day, but I haven't seen the money back in my account yet and I'm very interested to see if there will be a useful response. I'm not surprised they are losing shares and will search for any other way to send money in the future. Also, I was offended by the outsourcing to people who communicate poorly in English. Two days later, my "pre authorized" transfer has still not been returned to my bank account.

When I called, I was told (read lied to) that my bank was holding up my money; that Western Union returned it the same day. I trust my small town bank implicitly and that is not their story.

Somehow I'm still inclined to distrust Western Union and plan to contact my state Attorney General with my story as well as the Better Business Bureau.I'd be glad for any other ideas to impact change on this company.

Review about: Western Union Money Transfer.

Had an Experience with Western Union?

Comments

WU stole my money too! Dont use it becouse many people told me same story! WEstern Union is criminal organisation!