I have been a Western Union user for over 5 years and have regularly sent WU online money transfers directly to MY overseas account at a Bank in the Philippines using my Australian credit cards.

Since friday last week I have not been able to access my online account because of password/technical issues despite having had the same password for 5 years.

To make it worse the last money transfer direct to bank the WU system defaulted to another bank which is NOT MY BANK. I immediately sent WU a message using their online system to notify them about the Bank error and asking them to fix it and to contact me..... nothing.... Now the money transfer direct to bank has gone missing.

I have called them 10 times and each time I talk to a different person. All I want was to speak to a transaction team member to sort it out. Today they tell me that the call centre (which I think is based in the Philippines) only "talks" to the support/transaction team by email... can you believe that S#@T? their own call centre can't speak to anyone who deals with transactions.

So now I have a continuing two problem issue which both remain unresolved. First I can't access my online account using my login/password and secondly I have no idea where the money transfer is.

The situation is completely unacceptable and customers deserve better. This is the last time I will EVER use Western Union and I will close my account after getting my money back.

jaseterry wrote the review because of poor customer service at Western Union. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $750 and wants Western Union to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was never use again. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Western Union and western union money transfer for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Western Union?

Comments