9.8K views

Update by user Oct 13, 2012

Update; I am now using another company to send money.

Original review posted by user Sep 12, 2012

I have been trying to send money for a 7 days. Every month I send money to a family member in Jamaica using Western Union. (She's 65 & needs the money for FOOD) This month both times I sent online I recieved a confirmation screen with MTCN # & when the person tried to pick it up it was denied. I spent countless hours on the phone for 3 days trying to no avail, to straighten this out.

As a last resort I went to my grocery store to send money last night. Today I get a call saying she still cannot get them to give her the money. At last count I sent 400$ twice & 150$ last night, plus 60+$ in charges. This company is outrageous! Costumer service is the worst I have EVER had to deal with!

(I tricked them & sent the money to a different person & she recieved the money through her friend.)

I don't know what they are doing about fraud, but clearly it is unsucessful. But they are very sucessfull at blocking legit. money transfers! Shame on them, someone went hungry because of their stupidity!

I will find other methods to send money in the future & am contacting a lawyer! I WILL GET ALL MY MONEY BACK! This co. is on the fast track to FALIURE!

Review about: Western Union Money Transfer.

Had an Experience with Western Union?

Comments

I sent 50 dollars by phone.The representive put it payable to Moore not Miller.

I had a hard time understanding the guy.

When I called in I was told that I had to return to where I sent the money from to fix it even though I was 60 miles away and the 2nd person I talked to spoke worse English than the original guy I talked to.I don't care where the people I am talking to are from but they should at least talk and understand plain English.

Kingston, Saint Andrew Parish, Jamaica #1239735

I have the problem

How do you guess a 8 degit pin number?The answer is you dont.

I am having the same problem. I sent money to my self. Cheeper than using my atm. Drivers license, state I'd card.

Both water marked. 5 credit cards and my costco card.

( picture) won't give me the money.If I had stock in this company I would be dumping that *** fast.

I was trying to recive money from western union and was denied because it said u was on the fraud list, but I recived money 2 weeks ago from the same person and had no problem were do I find if I am on the fraud list

My ID as been blocked from Western Union how can I get it clear

Western Union sucks had same problem my cousin couldnt get the money because supposedly he was being blocked from using western union so i went to money gram instead had no problems i rather do business with them from now on

The same happen to me sent money to my husband in prison once.It went thru.

The next time I was told I no longer can use their services and i don't know why. They still haven't explained to me the reason.

Western union is a big fat joke.Saying they will email me a form to fill out, still haven't received the form.

Western Union told me my money had been picked up by the receiver when in fact it had not been picked up and when I called Western Union to try and settle the dispute they say they look into it and would get back to me and they never did and they never refunded by 800.00. Western Union steals and is a fraud as well as Money gram. I will be looking into alternatives .

Kingston, Saint Andrew Parish, Jamaica #907775

That person was blocked that's why. If a person collects too often after a while they are temporarily blocked.

Panama City, Panama, Panama #898847

They just blocked me too, I provided all bills, every single question I answer, and that was not enought, their smart answer was:

"Western Union’s Financial Service, Inc.’s (“Western Union”) Money Transfer Service Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) provide that Western Union has the right to refuse service to anyone. We have reviewed the information you provided and have made a business decision to refuse and refund this transaction and any transactions you may attempt to send or receive in the future"

That was the smarter's answer ever!, that's why they have so many complaints... I hope they go down, I hope that people stop using them...