Marikina, Manila

Exactly the same problem. I made the transfer online and complete all of the details including confirming the code received in an SMS sent by my bank.

The money (310€) was taken from my account but immediately I was sent an email from WU saying that they were unable to call me on the number provided and therefore the transaction was pending. However, I could see on my phone that there had been no missed calls. The number they gave me in Belgium to call them was unreachable. Within 30 minutes, they sent another message saying that the transfer was declined.

However, they still took the money from my account! Why did they take the money if they had decided to refuse the transfer? Now I have to wait (god knows how long) to get my money back.

Very poor service and definitely I would not recommend anyone to use Western Union online as it is likely they will take your money but then not send it and just hang on to it for an unknown period of time.

Product or Service Mentioned: Western Union Money Transfer.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Western Union Cons: Customer service, Business tactics, Online service not usable.

• declined