Western Union - Review the attached

24 of 496 Western Union reviews

Good Morning,

I had received an email from Western Union Malaysia which I attached , please check the attached file why they sent the email to my personal email and i am not sure how they get my email address. I believe its an offensive activity which is not acceptable like an international organization specially financial activities. Before I was received another email from Western Union Malaysia. So I am not clear about this email. I'm living in London and don't have any relation with Malaysia or no connection with someone there. I will waiting for your valuable response. Please advise. My email is below.

Many Thanks

Mohitush Datta

mohitushdatta@hotmail.co.uk

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Product or service
Review category
Cash Services
review #875105

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Western Union? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
24 of 496 Western Union reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 07 #1182157 Heredia, Heredia, Costa Rica

This is not a scam, this is a phishing email.The perpetrator needs this information in order for them to create a profile either through Western Union or any other money transfer base company.
Once you send your personal information they may start asking for an account number or a "payment method".
This is also known as social engineering in which your personal information is compromised, and basically what the perpetrators do is start calling to financial institutions pretending to be you and obtaining your financial information.Please remember this organizations may used the name and reputation of huge companies (such as Western Union) to increase the opportunity of steal your information through an email.

0 0 Reply

Jul 03 #1180785 Spotsylvania, Virginia, United States

It looks like a scam. Place in spam file and delete. Do not reply to this. I have had similar e-mails and they appear to good to be true.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.