1.1
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

I transfered money yesterday from australia to indonesia for my familys support (living costs), 35.00 fee charged to send 210.00 dollars Australian .

Western union representative wrote wrong spelling of my parteners first name, partener could not collect cz different name typed by western union representative .I call up help line and was changed to correct name ,no problem i was told ,all done sir.

I call my wife back to tell her has been fixed go back to collect money.when she arrives at western union in indonesia she is told cant have it cz file wont open.she is now upset about all, i call back and ask to speak to same man who change name for me first time ,,was told dont know who it was .

Then im told it was collected already,,i tell them it wasnt collected ,,western union tell me i cant make complaint cz reciever must make complaint ,,strange cz is my money i send .My wife then goes to her bank which is a western union office also in Jakarta ,,manager sends western union a fax and gets no reply..I call western union again from australia to customer service ,,different person again takes my enquiry ,,3rd person i tell story to now..last lady says she can file a no payment recieved by reciever claim but will take 20 days to confirm ,,yes 20 days they said ..After many many headaches over this ,,i will tell all my customers in indonesia who do electronic transfers ( i have approx 350 customers who send money around the world ),,DO NOT USE WESTERN UNION BCZ THEY ARE UNPROFESSIONAL IN RESOLVING PROBLEM QUICKLY ,,,WHICH LOOKS LIKE THIS WILL TURN INTO A FRAUDULANT MATTER ON THEIR BEHALF .I personally will never use this service again ,,and will do my best to make sure many many people know this company is a scam .

This reviewer shared experience and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Western Union. The most disappointing about bad service worse care at Western Union was last transfer has turned into a nightmare , but reviewer liked past transfers went well. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Western Union.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cash Services category for more informed decision or compare Western Union to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Western Union?

Comments