Privacy and Data Security

I am using Western Union for last 2 years. I was sending money to my dad every month. Every time I make transaction online they hold money based on my dad country of origin and because of my name. Several month ago I asked one of agent is there anyway you can remove hold on my transaction because I am sending money to my father for long time. Here is what they asked me in order to remove block on transactions. Copy of my ID , My sin number and a valid credit card. The condition was acceptable to me because I understand that they need to know who am I ? and where I lives ? even one of there compliance department even asked me where I work and all personal information. I sent everything to them and confirmed with western union that they got everything for company satisfaction even I told them if you have any question please feel free to ask me anytime. They clearly told me now you won't have any problem.

After sending all papers my transaction was on hold when I called I got response from there agent " we need to find out your ID until we find it your transaction will be on hold " I was pissed because my 75 years old father was hospitalized in back home and I urgently wanna send money to him.

After few days megically they found copy of my ID and they clear transaction. Again my transactions were on hold and I need to call there unprofessional compliance department and explain them it's me.

Last month they hold as usual my transaction and I called them. Here is what I heard " Your name is different then your ID so we need explaination letter" my wife I were shocked because we are using there website for last 2 years for money transfer how it can possible. I asked them but rather explaining to me they were giving me several excuses one of the agent on the phone said its our new policy other agent said your name coming on transaction half. I was really pissed off and told them just refund me back.

They clearly said send us letter or you won't get refund. The female I was dealing on the phone apologized me for everything and said she will process my refund and put me on hold for 45 mints. And line got disconnected. I called again and the same thing agent transferred me to compliance department and everyone skip my call. Finally I tried with my land line and got one of the certified *** who never been in humans before. If you ask me give him customer service skills score here is his score -0. He said send us letter or your money will go to government and he hanged up on me. For next few days I am gonna write down on every website about my bad experience with western union. Don't deal with them period.

Product or Service Mentioned: Western Union Money Transfer.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Western Union Cons: No reason for problem given.

Comments