Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

26 days ago, I send $7,000to someone internationally via Western Union from the location in which I banked.I was called by WU that same evening indicating they had reason to believe the receiver was fraudulent.

As I thought appropriate, WU did not allow the receiver to obtain this money , and held it. The issue of me sending money to a possible fraudulent receiver was my issue and a lesson learned, however, what followed was not handled appropriately in any way. I could receive my $7,000 back of course from a local merchant who offered WU money transfers, or back into my bank account. Except, 1) there was not a single merchant in my area that had that amount of cash to refund me, and 2) since WU was refunding me the $7,000 plus $27 processing fee, my bank would not allow me to have WU send the money directly to them as my bank's policy limit was 7,000/day!

My only other choice was to agree to have a paper check sent via USPS, which WU promised I would have in 7 days--14 days at the very latest. I waited until day 15, called WU and they were very apologetic, stating that I would have it for sure in 1-2 days, per expedited delivery. Another 3 days went by, same thing, another 3 days went by and that time I was told that the return funds were now in the hands of a third-Party company who did the actual issuance and mailing of paper checks for them. That was 3 days ago!

We are now on day 25 and I have yet to have my--yes, the opportune word--MY money returned to me! Initially, despite WU's suspicion that this transaction was fraudulent on the part of the receiver, this large amount of money was to be used for a very lucrative investment. The earnings on $7,000 after 25 days amounts to greater than $2,000! That is money that I have lost at no fault of my own!

Not only is 7-14 days about12 days too to receive my money, waiting another 2 weeks , when this money should have been invested as planned 25 days ago! I just got off the phone for the 5th time with WU and was told Again that it would be another 24-48 hours to wait until the issue was reviewed and someone from WU would call me back. I am way beyond furious, I am numb! There is no excuse WU could offer me at this point to make this any better, aside from returning my money plus the $2,000 I would have earned on it over a 25 day period!

(Plus however long it takes for me to actually get my money back from right now!) I will not accept another apology, and I will insist on some additional compensation.

If not, I am calling my lawyer and post this review publically on every social media platform there is on the internet, I vow that I will.And unlike Western Union, I keep my promises!

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: I want my original $7,027 immediately elecrtronically transferred to my bank account plus $2,000 in compensation for earnings I would havemade on my money dutring the period of not having my returned money from WU. .

I didn't like: Especially how they did not hanndle my concerns in a respectful, Appropriate way.

My issue with WU is resoled, but not to my satisfaction. I had to drive 80 miles to a Western Union that would grant me a debit card refund of my $7,027 which they held from me for 42 days!