1.7

Original review posted by user Apr 01, 2016

HI All,

I did a transfer of Rupees 5997.88 on 4/3/2016

I received MTCN 0354537428 through email confirmation

I am an Indian and I couldn't send the funds from an agent location so tried on website and it redirected me to a UK site.

Since the site will not accept Indian mailing address I had to change the address to Hemisphere and complete the transaction.

Immediately I get a call saying due to security reason transaction is cancelled by WU and amount will be refunded in 7 days. 18 days done, I send an email to WU and they ask transaction history and I sent it (Downloaded from ICICI bank India). After 48 threads of email they still ask for transaction history again and again again and again. God knows why probably to SHOVE IT UP IN THEIR ***.

I download transaction history from my bank account online and for them it looks like a BABY TOY TRANSACTION HISTORY.

PDF file with ICICI heading and the transaction says WESTERN UNION. Looks like the person who was looking into my Trans history forgot the spelling of WU and so he says it’s not valid.

As a customer I lost my money. As WU agent they send me scanned templates and take their daily count of work

I would like to take this complain to next level. Not for the amount of money but for the frustration I went through with WU. I begged like a dog in the end I get no bone. So just to make me feel good I would continue fighting. Even if this means I have spends double than 6000 rupees I WILL

I am attaching transaction history, screen shot from WU account which actually says money sent.

Just to let you know on the WU account I have a different MTCN number.

Regards,

Jofina VJ

This reviewer shared experience about "fools in wu uk customer service" and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $87. jofina is overall dissatisfied with Western Union and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about western union money transfer at Western Union was when it comes to refund customer service beat around the bush, beating around the bush and customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Western Union.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cash Services category for more informed decision or compare Western Union to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Western Union?

Comments