My Mother lives and owns a company in Dubai, so she frequently wires mony to me among other realtives. Sometimes she may have an employee do the transfer if she is too busy.

Today I went to pick up my wire and was told to contact the compliance dept. After answering intrusive questions like "what are you doing with the money?" "who is the person who sent you the money?" "Why doesn't your mother send the money herself?" they finally told me that I was basically BANNED from using Western Union without any explanation other than "as a business decision we've decided to no longer accept you as a customer." What?! I did nothing wrong! I am not a criminal.

I'm a student with 3 children who needs the money that my mom sends!

I hope Western Union goes bankrupt.

Product or Service Mentioned: Western Union Money Transfer.

• western union banned

Comments

I had the same experience. I have been a WU customer for 5 years, I've sent over $30,000 through my business without any problems.

I've never needed to speak to them, I've never had a problem before but all of a sudden my account is suspended. The only way to get my account turned back on is to provide a copy of my business license (no problem), receipts (no problem), and 3 months of business bank statements (um, problem!).

Who are they to demand business financials?

Take a hike WU, you aren't the only business I can use and you were easily replaced. Thanks for nothing!

WESTERN UNION IS RUN BY A BUNCH OF GROCERY STORE CLERKS WHO ANSWER THE PHONE IN A COUNTRY IM SURE WE ARE BOMBING AND HATE NORTH AMERICANS , IT SEAMS YOU CANNOT TRANSFER MONEY EVEN THOUGH YOU RUN A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS, WITHOUT GIVING THEM MORE INFORMATION THAN THE IRS HAS, AND WHEN YOU DO THIS AND THEY STILL CANCEL THE TRANSACTION THERE IS NO RECOURSE

I CANT STAND THAT THE ONLY TRAINING A PACKY CAN GET IS A WESTERN UNION CALL CENTRE

I AM NOT A RACISTS BUT *** YOU WESTERN UNION

nikki_nicole

And whoever clicks *** on my post, screw yourself. Thanks. 8)

Moneygram is better and try WorldRemit also. Western Union SUCKS!!

Also experienced the same thing. :(

nikki_nicole
@marie

We now use Moneygram. No questions asked.

They just make sure the info is correct and give me my money. :)

trevor57

Western Union fees are on the extreme side and you would be better off looking for other money transfer companies like moneygram. A bank account might be an option if you can find a company that undertakes transfers at a reasonable fee.