6.9K views

Western Union declined my transaction twice already!

Member of my family in Russia was getting married last year but I could not go, so I send money as a wedding gift. Western Union local location agent accept money, gave me MTCN number but after 12 hours I received the phone call from that location that my money transfer was POSTPONED and I have to call 1-800 number to talk to the customer service, so I did. The person on the phone requested all my information related to transaction and verification of my identity. After that, she pulled information from the system and began INTEREGATE me as a criminal asking why I am sending money, what the purpose of this transaction, how I know that it is my family that receiving the money, she asked about nature of the relation between me and my family member that I send money, how long I now that person (my favorite nephew). When last time I talk to him and get this: HOW I KNOW IF IT IS HIM THAT ITALK TO OR NOT SOMEONE ELSE THAT MASK HIS VOICE?! This interrogation was almost 40 min long and after those entire questions were answered Western Union representative loudly concluded that my transaction will be declined and I can receive my money back. I was trying to ask why it was declined, but she refused to listen and threatened me if I will talk to her like that she will CANCELL MY REFUND MONEY TRANSACTION. Few days later, I have received the flyer in the mail from them about the Fraud!

Recently, I was trying to send money to my family. 2 days after the transaction, I called my family to ask if they received money, and they said that MTCN number I gave them not in the system, so they could not get the money in Russia. I called the Western Union representative on the customer service line and they said without explanation that my transaction is canceled and I can get my money from the local agent .I felt at this point that I am on the Watch List with Western Union and all my transactions will be cancelled no matter what the amount I will try to send.

I have used Western Union services before for few years - no problems, but now I am on the BLACK LIST with them for some reason unknown to me!

I am much respected member of the community, Master's prepared nurse that works with dying patients and dedicates life to comforting hospice patients. I felt offended by this company suspecting me committing of fraudulent transactions. Shame, Western Union!

Review about: Western Union Money Transfer.

Comments

Western union blocked me as well and they dont give me an answer as to why... and they make you fill out a form and request bank accounts , business license etc like if i am in the mafia or soemthing and this is going on since 2016 for me and they still have not unblocked me.

Western union is blocking everyone it seems. Because of their location and plus they don't speak English language. So if anything western union should get shut down until they get real American's there that can speak English .

I have used Western Union for 3 years now, and I sent a remittance like I always do every month to my Gym in the Philippines for my boxers living expenses.

The gym called me yesterday and today stating that the MTN number I gave them is unrecognizable.

So I went to Western Union and they called the head office, but no answer, so the lady said that she will call me later once she gets through.

I just got a call from her now and she said the same thing. My name does not qualify to remit money. (Blacklisted, I guess)

I send the same person the same amount every month.

Western Union sucks. I will use a different remittance company from now on.

Same thing happened to me today WTF they can tell the sender the reason but the receiver...and it concerns the receiver. Smh at bad business decisions

to Alice #1469718

Please unlock her, She is innocent person

to Alice 1919 #1469723

Why this happened to innocent person like Alice? Unlock this person please

to Alice1919 #1469725

This name belongs to me Alice, my uncle just sent me money from Germany but western Union had blocked my I'd because of the money my uncle sent to me for my school fees. I'm training college student

How can you block my name from western union

I have a very similar experience as you. I have never done a thing wrong and yet find myself blacklisted for trying to send money to Russia. Exactly as you said, I was interrogated as a criminal, having to answer stupidly infantile questions on my relationship with the person who was to receive the money and then after over half an hour of questioning, the girl from WU decided that she will cancel my transaction and because I got upset over this, she then blacklisted me to prevent me being able to send future transfers.

These people are of limited intellect and crawl out of the gutter each morning...

Really shame on western union cos they are low in security and could identify a real fraud

Alhambra, California, United States #1239585

Western Union SUCKS!!!!

i have had similar experience ... have been sending money to my FIANCE for the last 3 years ..

he works internationally in construction .. have sent money to china (no problem), australia (no problem) but AFRICA? problem .. but only after some 15 transactions.

The laws and scrutiny have screwed all HONEST people trying to do business ...Western Union has gone over the deep end and doesn't know how to scrutinize customers in a proper fashion. I've been blacklisted as well for no good reason .. was trying to send money for a ticket home ... they obviously share their 'blacklist' with moneygram cuz moneygram denied me as well ......

screw them ..

who needs them. Hope they suffer for it and/or someone sues their ***.

to metoo #1435007

Western union is in debt they gave 553 millions to the fct to pay people that got scam so now they are screwing anybody that is trying to pick up money