Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

I have been using Western Union for couple of years now; from I was attending school in Jamaica.My mom have been working in USA and sending money to support the family and me very very often.

Since I came here in the USA and start working, I did the same send money to support the family back at home ever so often, I am a frequent western union customer, I appreciate there service very much, however I had 2 very very bad experience in less than one week!!!!! On September 26 I had a relative send me money from Jamaica, I went to western union the next day to collect the $300. Gave the clerk my ID and complete western union form. The clerk told me sorry western union send the money back to the person.

I was like, ok but why? Clerk said she don’t know I would have to call western union myself. I was like ok, I left the western union and called my relative and tell them western union said they refunded you but didnt state why. My relative when back to that western union and got his refund, and the clerk there told him WESTERN UNION DON’T WANT ANY BUSINESS BETWEEN ME AND HIM, BUT DIDN’T SPECIFY ANY REASON AS TO WHY.

So we were like ok, I don’t know what’s going on , but maybe there was some error. (This was at Western Union Check Cashing 300 E Sanford Blvd, Mt Vernon, NY 10550) On September 29, my girlfriend send me $400 through western union and I went to western union today September 30, 2017 at (Check Cashing 622A Main Street, New Rochelle, NY 10801) and was told the exact same thing by a clerk. That the money was refunded to the sender. I ask the clerk, why is that, she responded, she don’t know I have to call western union.

I ask her, do you know why this has happen to me twice in one week. She said no, call western union. I ask her for western union number, she gave me 1 800 325 6000. I left the western union, went into my car and call the number, when I finally went through all the automative instruction and got a real person and explain that I have been a customer for a long time and twice this week I was unable to received money through western union that I have been conducting business with for years.

Customer service rep was not helpful, infact the worst ever. This rep could not tell me why am unable to receive money through western union, infact she told to ask the sender to call western union to verify my information. I TOLD THE REP PLEASE LOOK UP MY PHONE NUMBER, IVE BEEN USING WESTERN UNION FOR THE LONGEST, I DESERVE TO KNOW WHY I CANT RECEIVE MONEY THROUGH WESTERN UNION. I LIVE IN THE USA AND I WORK LIKE ANYONE ELSE AND WESTERN UNION OPERN THEIR DOOR FOR BUSINESS TO CUSTOMER, PLEASE TELL ME WHY I CANT COLLECT MONEY HERE.

CUSTOMER SERVICE REP WAS NO HELP, THEN SHE SEND MR SIR, YES SHE SAID MR SIR (EMAIL GCRWESTERNUNION.C WITH MY SITUATION) I SAID OK MISS, LOOK LIKE YOU READING YOUR INFORMATION FROM A SCRIPT AND YOU CANT REALLY HELP THANK YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY OK now I called my girlfriend, and told her go to western union and collect back your money, because am not able to collect, I told her before you do that can you please call the western union and find out why am unable to collect money, because ive been a customer with them, they have my number on file, my email address, and my address. They have to know am a customer with them. somehow customer service over here in USA cant help me. So, My girl called western and she was told that my NAME IS A OHOT NAME ON WESTERN UNION LIST AND I HAVE TO CALL 1 800 325 6000 OR EMAIL GCRWESTERNUNION..

Tell them my name, purpose of transfer, relationship with receiver and tracking number. LIKE IS WESTERN UNION SERIOUS??!! ALL this time I was sending money all that information wasn’t serious, but for me to receive money, I have to waste gas to go to a location to be told that money was refunded to sender. And then customer service cant help, now I have to email my relationship.

SO WESTERN UNION HAVE INFORMATION THAT AM A CRIMINAL, WHY DIDN’T THEY ALERT AUTHOURITIES WHEN I ENTER THEIER ESTABLISHMENT AND FOUND OUT I WAS DOING SOMETHING WRONG. WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS IS THIS? PEOPLE DON’T HAVE THIS TYPE OF TIME TO WASTE, TYPICALLY. THIS IS BLUNT DISCRIMINATION, REGARDLESS OF WHAT EVER OTHER CHALLENGES WESTERN UNION FACES, THEY JUST CANT INCONVIENT CUSTOMERS.

That money could have been to make up rent or get food on the table, I am a CUSTOMER!!!!!!!NOT A CRIMINAL

Review about: Western Union Money Transfer.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Western Union?

Comments

Trying to send my husband money in Nigeria and I feel like I am NOT a criminal either....... Sick of the treatment!