1.3
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

I tried using Western Union to send money online and I got a call from their "digital review" personnel in Costa Rica who "interviewed" me "for my own protection against fraud" and the guy determined that I should be denied and so he cancelled my transaction. The "interview" about me, my personal background, my reasons for sending the money, etc.

were all asked under the guise of protecting me, so he said. In reality, he was not a personable person and wielded around his power over whether he would allow me to send money. He asked very "leading" questions and made several false assumptions. He also refused to tell me why he was rejecting my transaction.

I ended up speaking to his manager who was as incompetent as he was, as well as two others in their "customer service" department in the Philippines who were nice enough people but said that there was nothing that could be done since the original *** had already cancelled the transaction - they said I would need to go back online and start over by making a new transaction. As if I'm going to bother with that! It's little wonder this is a dying business which deserves to die a slow agonizing death. Good riddance!

If you try looking for their financial performance as a company good luck, they buried it in their 2016 annual report on page 158! No wonder, as they've had declining revenue and income since 2012.

Review about: Western Union Customer Care.

I didn't like: Service and tactics.

Comments