According to @WesternUnion message, €1.00 is equivalent to $4.45. They say it seriously! That is why they cheated me when I used their services. Isn't it crazy? I'm stoned! I added an email which I have received from them. They say that my case is closed and if I want I can contact their lawyers. Western Union message to me:
On October 14, 2015 at 11:54 AM Eastern Standard Time, the transaction was paid to Luis Alexandre Ribeiro Branco in Portugal in the amount of 291.40 Euros, which is equivalent to $1299.01 USD.
Please be aware that Portugal is a “fixed on send” country which means that the Exchange rate is locked in at the time the transfer is sent. Prior to the completion of your transaction, Western Union provided you with a Pre Disclosure Statement (PDS) that listed the amount to be paid, fee, and the amount your receiver will get in local currency. By funding the transaction you are accepting the terms presented on the PDS. Upon the completion of your transaction, you were then presented with a receipt that included the amount paid, fee, and the amount to be paid to your receiver in local currency.
Quality service to our consumers is our primary concern at Western Union. My apologies for your overall experience and for the struggles you faced interacting with our operators over the phone. As we are a global company, we have several customer service centers throughout the world where your call may be handled.
Please know that we monitor and evaluate operators to ensure quality customer service is provided to our customers and we will work further to identify and immediately address issues such as you described.
Western Union considers this case closed. Western Union truly values your business and sincerely regrets any inconvenience you experienced as a result. If you should have any additional questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Advocate team via email at email@example.com.
Executive Resolutions Specialist
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Transaction issues
- Companies tactics
- Problem not solved
You May Also Like
- "Everything started at November 7, 2014 when I decided to send 300 USD to my sister in Brazil. I went to the US Bank Agency to make the transfer. The..."
- "Western Union - 46 Attorney Generals: The birth of a crime organisation 2004. Attached the Agreement. Western Union is the fraudster of all, the given fraudsters by Western Union are..."
- "After several months of back and forth with their customer service, I've still not received my payment, and was given the choice of either I can receive a new card..."
- "They can not change a simple ticket date that is to sad ! ! I have tried to call many times... one time the lady on the phone said that..."
- "I have been a faithful customer of EyeBuyDirect for a number of years and have introduced its service to several people in Portugal. However, I must share my disappointment linked..."
- " I bought a lamp for an IPL machine in the following store: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/937742 received the order quickly, and I thought that really had received a quality product. I just needed..."
- "We decided to use Zerorez because they had a good reputation. We have a brand-new home (less than 4 months old) and we had some basic soiled marks in the..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."
- "Ashley furniture - never again , the worse furniture and experience ever . We got today the delivery from Ashley Winnipeg of furniture which costed 5000 dollars. My family and..."