Alcabideche, Lisbon
100% full Not resolved

According to @WesternUnion message, €1.00 is equivalent to $4.45. They say it seriously! That is why they cheated me when I used their services. Isn't it crazy? I'm stoned! I added an email which I have received from them. They say that my case is closed and if I want I can contact their lawyers. Western Union message to me:

On October 14, 2015 at 11:54 AM Eastern Standard Time, the transaction was paid to Luis Alexandre Ribeiro Branco in Portugal in the amount of 291.40 Euros, which is equivalent to $1299.01 USD.

Please be aware that Portugal is a “fixed on send” country which means that the Exchange rate is locked in at the time the transfer is sent. Prior to the completion of your transaction, Western Union provided you with a Pre Disclosure Statement (PDS) that listed the amount to be paid, fee, and the amount your receiver will get in local currency. By funding the transaction you are accepting the terms presented on the PDS. Upon the completion of your transaction, you were then presented with a receipt that included the amount paid, fee, and the amount to be paid to your receiver in local currency.

Quality service to our consumers is our primary concern at Western Union. My apologies for your overall experience and for the struggles you faced interacting with our operators over the phone. As we are a global company, we have several customer service centers throughout the world where your call may be handled.

Please know that we monitor and evaluate operators to ensure quality customer service is provided to our customers and we will work further to identify and immediately address issues such as you described.

Western Union considers this case closed. Western Union truly values your business and sincerely regrets any inconvenience you experienced as a result. If you should have any additional questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Advocate team via email at customeradvocatedept@westernunion.com.

Sincerely,

Sandra Ornelas

Executive Resolutions Specialist

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. LuisARBranco stated that there is a room for improvement of transaction issues and companies tactics. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of western union money order and associated monetary loss in the amount of $10. Western Union needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned western union money order in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Western Union.

Had an Experience with Western Union?

Comments