According to @WesternUnion message, €1.00 is equivalent to $4.45. They say it seriously! That is why they cheated me when I used their services. Isn't it crazy? I'm stoned! I added an email which I have received from them. They say that my case is closed and if I want I can contact their lawyers. Western Union message to me:
On October 14, 2015 at 11:54 AM Eastern Standard Time, the transaction was paid to Luis Alexandre Ribeiro Branco in Portugal in the amount of 291.40 Euros, which is equivalent to $1299.01 USD.
Please be aware that Portugal is a “fixed on send” country which means that the Exchange rate is locked in at the time the transfer is sent. Prior to the completion of your transaction, Western Union provided you with a Pre Disclosure Statement (PDS) that listed the amount to be paid, fee, and the amount your receiver will get in local currency. By funding the transaction you are accepting the terms presented on the PDS. Upon the completion of your transaction, you were then presented with a receipt that included the amount paid, fee, and the amount to be paid to your receiver in local currency.
Quality service to our consumers is our primary concern at Western Union. My apologies for your overall experience and for the struggles you faced interacting with our operators over the phone. As we are a global company, we have several customer service centers throughout the world where your call may be handled.
Please know that we monitor and evaluate operators to ensure quality customer service is provided to our customers and we will work further to identify and immediately address issues such as you described.
Western Union considers this case closed. Western Union truly values your business and sincerely regrets any inconvenience you experienced as a result. If you should have any additional questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Advocate team via email at email@example.com.
Executive Resolutions Specialist
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Transaction issues
- Companies tactics
- Problem not solved
You May Also Like
- "Do not do business with the "Cash Store" or any other business of this type. They are freely willing to offer loans and don't require a credit check, but..."
- "See below in regards to my cancelled transaction. Almost a month and I'm still waiting. I have read that you have several contact call centres around the world, but it's..."
- "I purchased one Card from my local store in the amount of 60 dollars so my son could pay his rent. When he tried to enter the code into his..."
- "I have been a faithful customer of EyeBuyDirect for a number of years and have introduced its service to several people in Portugal. However, I must share my disappointment linked..."
- "They can not change a simple ticket date that is to sad ! ! I have tried to call many times... one time the lady on the phone said that..."
- "I ordered some CD from their online shop. As usual, I filled in a form with my address. I received the invoice via email and noticed that the adress was..."
- "Several attempts were made by email to support to Whitepages to opt out of their website publication of personal information that is inaccurate, and their replies by email attempted to..."
- "My van was repossessed over 468.00 on 10/26/16 while i was on the phone with Westlake trying to make a payment. The repo driver hooked the vehicle so the agent..."
- "Xfinity on Demand is a total joke. When you go to find the latest episode of a recorded program, it's a excellent example of how much a company see and..."