West Covina, California

I had a family member stranded in another state needing money to get their car fixed. It was 2 in the afternoon, and they needed $300 before 5 when the garage closed.

I looked online for some place I could send them the money they needed. They had multiple options for how fast you needed the money to arrive as well as payment options. I obviously chose the fastest method and transferred the money from my debit card. The money showed it was taken out of my account immediately according to my online banking.

At 4 I call Western Union because it was showing on Western Unions web site that they were waiting for confirmation when the money had been withdrawn 2 hours prior!! I get ahold of someone there that barely speaks English who just talks in circles and is of absolutely NO HELP! They tell me that it is undergoing internal screening by Western Union and could not tell me when the money would actually be released. WTF???!!!!

They tried to tell me that Western Union had their own screening process that was separate from the banks and that if I had wanted it to go through immediately, then I should have taken cash to a Western Union branch!!!!! Where the *** does it say that at??? They tried to tell me that was part of the terms and conditions, but couldn't tell me where. I read it to them and then they started blaming my bank.

How the *** do they get away with such flagrant false advertisement and poor customer service??!!!

While I'm on the phone with them I get a e-mail saying that it was declined, but it could be 3-5 days before my money is back in my account!!!! NEVER, and I mean NEVER will Western Union ever see another penny of mine or anyone I know.

Product or Service Mentioned: Western Union Customer Care.

Comments