The money order I purchased to pay my rent was returned to me by the US Postal Service with an apology for damaging my mail. I took my purchase receipt, the money order receipt (bottom portion) plus what was left of the money order and the USPS enveloped back to the place where I purchased it but they were unable to replace it. I called the Western Union customer service number and spoke to Chase who proceeded to inform me that I needed to fill out the back of the money order receipt, include $15 payable to them in a personal check and then wait 60 days. Why? I don't want a refund. I want them to take the damaged money order I paid cash for and replace it. I don't want a stop payment. I don't have 60 days to wait and my landlord won't wait. Today, I have accrued $80 in late fees. To say I'm on a budget would be an understatement on a grand scale.

Chase put me on hold while he went and found his supervisor. Then when he 'found' his supervisor and transferred the call, well I waited on hold for 30 minutes before hanging up.

Bottom line here, Western Union was paid for a service with cash. They are now collecting interest by withholding my funds and want another $15. Not acceptable by any means.

Product or Service Mentioned: Western Union Money Order.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments