The money order I purchased to pay my rent was returned to me by the US Postal Service with an apology for damaging my mail. I took my purchase receipt, the money order receipt (bottom portion) plus what was left of the money order and the USPS enveloped back to the place where I purchased it but they were unable to replace it. I called the Western Union customer service number and spoke to Chase who proceeded to inform me that I needed to fill out the back of the money order receipt, include $15 payable to them in a personal check and then wait 60 days. Why? I don't want a refund. I want them to take the damaged money order I paid cash for and replace it. I don't want a stop payment. I don't have 60 days to wait and my landlord won't wait. Today, I have accrued $80 in late fees. To say I'm on a budget would be an understatement on a grand scale.

Chase put me on hold while he went and found his supervisor. Then when he 'found' his supervisor and transferred the call, well I waited on hold for 30 minutes before hanging up.

Bottom line here, Western Union was paid for a service with cash. They are now collecting interest by withholding my funds and want another $15. Not acceptable by any means.

This person wrote the review money order from Western Union. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Western Union to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Western Union for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Western Union?

Comments