22.8K views

I purchased 3 Western Union Money order from a local 7/11 store here in Catonsville Maryland to use to pay for an apartment that I wanted to rent.I used 1 of them as a security deposit to hold the apartment for me so per the rental manager I made the money order payable to them,on 04/02/2011 I went to move into the apartment and to my surprise the apartment was not ready for me to move in so I requested my down payment.

NOW this is where it becomes a problem I tried to deposit this money order along with the other 2 and my bank [Bank of AMERICA]advised me that I cannot deposit it because it was made payable to the apartment I explained to them that I purchased the money order for a apartment but I was not able to use it for the purpose intended and I even showed them the stub to prove that I purchased this and there was nothing irregular about this but they still refused I then called WESTERN UNION and was told that I could cash it at any chech cashing location I have been to 4 places including a Walmart and they all refused it ,oh by the way when I took it to the 7/11 that I purchased it from they told that they could not cash it neither.

Now I would like to have you put yourself in my position I am paid monthly I needed this money to make up my rent/security deposit and now I am told by WESTERN UNION that my only option to get my money back is to send them a refund request and include $15 dollar fee with request,this is what a big corporation does to a poor person,because I consider myself to be a small person to this company I really hope that 3 readers will tell 2 friend each and so it continue that no-one will ever do business with WESTERN UNION or its affiliates again ever.

Please I am not a crazy man just a pissed off customer who believe that each person should be treated fairly in live not to be abused by the BIG company the mighty WESTERN UNION.

Product or Service Mentioned: Western Union Money Order.

Comments

I will never use western union again, i sent my money order out for my car payment, the next day it was stolen and cashed. I put it on my mail box, an apartment complex, no one can get in the out going mail.

I had to send them 15 to gr a hot copy of who cashed it, a month of waiting and almost lost my car. In the meantime i got a detective and he found out where it was actillay cashed. The guy who stole it, put his name on it, as of he whited out who i sent it to, left everything else, but changed 1 number in my address. Another 3 week later im getting the forms to fill put for theft.

Inwhich the detective is already looking for this guy to arrest. Never, ever, will i write a money order again!!! Ever. Trying to reach them is a nightmare.

And they do not care!!! I ish the place that cashed y for this thief would have done their job.

His licence didn't even match my money order. I'm sueing them next!

HA HA HA. There is a processing fee ***

How can I sue wester union? I purchased money order worth 7,500 and 1500 was returned by the bank saying return to maker and western union has refused to refund me .. For over 4 months now

they are about the only game in town save MG and uff Walmart.

Yes Western Union is full of it! We should never have to pay someone to get the money back that is already ours!

I WILL NEVER USE THIS CON COMPANY AGAIN FOR ANYTHING! WHAT THE *** DO THEY NEED TO PROCESS? YOU SEE ITS MY MONEY AND IT HAS NOT BEEN CASHED, JUST GIVE IT BACK! $15 MY *** THEY ARE TRULY A RIP OFF COMPANY WHO CAN NOT BE TRUSTED WITH YOUR MONEY...ITS NOT MY FAULT THAT THE MAILMAN LOST MY DAMN MONEY!!!!

$250.00 TO BE EXACT! Bad for business and never again!

San Jose, California, United States #1286781

The same thing happened to my order, but instead I put mine through the ATM and they kept my money order because it was altered and they never sent me a replacement money to cash.

I so agree with you, a lesson learned. A postal money is no questions asked, they cash the money order right on the spot, no fee required. western union is a scam

Springdale, Arkansas, United States #1263155

On Dec 1, 2016 I bought a Western Union at our local store. I mailed it to my landlord 40 miles from me.

He never got it. I ended up paying 2 times, it has been lost in the mail I am told. Never a problem in 2 years. I did all the paperwork and Western Union never received that either!

Now I am redoing the paperwork again but will send to CO in a priority envelope. It hasn't been cashed but I have $350 floating within 40 miles. WTH??? Who can I sue?

Western Union?

Post Office? Mailman?

Canastota, New York, United States #1259605

You just need to write on the back of it before your signature , Not used for purpose intended and then sign your name with 2 form's of government id

Going thru a similar issue now. They received my requests on 10/28 and called today and they told me it will be 11/28 before refund is issued. This is over $2000 and as a single parent, I NEED MY MONEY!

to Anonymous #1402412

Did you ever get it back?

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #1231145

Western union is the worst. Doing the same process for my rent.

Called western union amd cant even get a live person.. i am done doing business with them death to western union

to Anonymous #1511430

Never a answer always some dumb *** recording

Lithonia, Georgia, United States #1223313

I am in your shoes and can't afford $15 dollars on a $150 money order. Trying to find out how to get my money back.

I had tried to use a cashier's check but the apartment complex refused, then handed me their signed money order back. I am going to go back to them and demand they write a check to me and cash this useless m.o.

Concord, California, United States #1200146

I agree. WU sucks.

Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States #1198187

The exact same thing happened to me.

#1197885

Thank you for sharing, this was super helpful, wish I saw this sooner. It's definitely a ridiculous policy, not to mention the 8 week review before a refund is issued.

Tell me about it I perched one for my son and it ain't made out to anyone and trying to return it and they won't refund or cash it for me at any place that sells Western Union money orders so I am going to get my money order from Walmart

to Anonymous Norfolk, Virginia, United States #1136705

Last I know U.S. Postal Service money orders are optimum.

They are traceable & refundable. None of this hassle with cashing.

Same here my wife and I moved to Florida and can't even open a bank account get a job or anything all we have are tied up in money orders from western union we are unable to even get a place we have to walk everywhere and are living in our truck due to this we have no way of even sending them $15 to fix it if we did we have no address we have been stranded two weeks and are being forced to be homeless and jobless since we can't obtain an address we plan to sue once we have money again and I am also going to YouTube the *** out of this