Western Union hides worldwide its exact store where the fraud had been done and with that deletes all possibilities for investigations of your money. Of course the next crime that only can mean that this address is Western Union itself or US governmental sections (FBI or judicial authorities).In all these cases your transfer never was sent to the place you ordered it!!!.
For all victims please read the following carefully to get your money back:
Office of Attorney General Terry Goddard
STATE OF ARIZONA ANDREA M. ESQUER
DEPARTMENT OF LAW PRESS SECRETARY
12 75 W. WASHINGTON STREET PHONE: (602) 542-8019
PHOENIX, ARIZONA 85007-2926 CELL PHONE: (602) 725-2200
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Western Union Agrees to Warn Consumers
About Fraudulent Money Transfers
(Phoenix, Ariz. – Nov. 14, 2005) Attorney General Terry Goddard today announced an agreement with Western Union Financial Services, Inc., which will address concerns about the company’s wire transfer services by fraudulent telemarketers.
Goddard joined Attorneys General representing 46 other states and the District of
Columbia in this agreement. The accord calls for Western Union to fund an $8.1
Million national consumer awareness program, and to provide consumer warnings on the forms completed by customers using its wire transfer services. Western Union is a wholly owned subsidiary of First Data Corporation, based in Greenwood Village, Colorado. The agreement addressed the high number of “fraud-induced transfers,” money wired by consumers to fraudulent telemarketers and other scam artists. For example, some telemarketers use a “lottery” scam, in which they tell consumers they have won a large sum of money but must pay taxes or other charges in order to claim the winnings. The victims are then directed to send the money by wire because wire transfers are fast, there are transfer agents in most communities and funds can be picked up in multiple locations.
“The warning Western Union is placing on its documents is clear and prominent,”
Goddard said. “It will help consumers protect themselves. We need ‘third parties’ like
Western Union, and other financial institutions, including banks, to help us fight
The problem of fraud-induced transfers is substantial. Based on a survey conducted by seven states, it was estimated that over 29 percent of Western Union transfers in
excess of $300 from the U.S. to Canada were fraud-induced, representing 58 percent of the total dollars transferred and an average of over $1500 per transfer. Total American consumer losses to Canada in the year 2002 alone were estimated at $113 million.
The agreement reached with the Attorneys General and Western Union requires:
Office of Attorney General Terry Goddard
Office of the Attorney General
??Western Union to place prominent warnings to consumers about the dangers of
fraud-induced wire transfers. The warnings must be in English and Spanish, and
appear on a new front page of Western Union’s Send Form. Comparable warnings
are required for telephone and Web transfers.
??Western Union to pay $8.1 million over five years for national peer-counseling
programs to be overseen by the AARP Foundation and designed to reach at least
three million consumers.
??Western Union to reimburse the amount of any transfer, plus fees, to any consumer
who requests, prior to pickup, that a transfer be stopped and who reasonably claims
that the transfer was fraud-induced.
??Western Union to send monthly anti-fraud emails to its agents, revise the
company’s agent training video and manual, and provide enhanced training to
agents with elevated fraud levels at their locations.
??Western Union to terminate agents who are involved in fraud and suspend or
terminate agents who do not take reasonable steps requested by WU to reduce
??Western Union to block wire transfers from specific consumers or to specific
recipients when Western Union receives information from a state that there is
reason to believe that fraud will occur, until such time as the consumer is counseled
on fraud and requests resumption of the transfer.
But do not worry: As US Governmental authorities also make money with your frauded money and how will be explaines in my next publications
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Western Union Money Transfer
- Review category
- Cash Services
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I cash my check like normal with ingo money never had an issue till now. Got my receipt saying the money will be put in my account. The next day..."
- "Everything started at November 7, 2014 when I decided to send 300 USD to my sister in Brazil. I went to the US Bank Agency to make the transfer. The..."
- "This foreign accent man called me from 850 6657652 number trying to get my bank account number to deposit a loan for $2.000 claiming to give me 1 year to..."
- "I bought a Lenovo Ideapad U530 Touch laptop from Bestbuy Long Island store. After 6 months, the hinge broke off from the lid, taking a chunk of the casing screwed..."
- "I brought a upart wig off Alliexpress, first time using the site it was recommened by a friend... Once I received my cap I was right away disappointed... It was..."
- "On Feb-16-14 I bought a painting for my father on Ebay from seller with nick name "Yosy" (http://www.ebay.com.sg/usr/yosy) , who represented "Urban Gallery" located on the Ben Yehuda street 72..."
- "This user called me a "mutt" and "troll" for asking a simple question. I blocked, flagged and reported her. She had tons of negative feedback and neutral feedback and she..."
- "I bought an iphone that the seller can't give me the appleID of the previous owner. I told offerUp about this and they told me to file a complaint to..."
- "The contractor painted mid-July. Within two days, very small patches were coming off. Today, mid Auguts, a month later,I saw a bit of painters taoe that was still oin the..."