Western union 3 times confirmed money transfer & refused recipent
Update added by user Oct 13, 2012
Update; I am now using another company to send money.
Original review posted by user Sep 12, 2012
I have been trying to send money for a 7 days. Every month I send money to a family member in Jamaica using Western Union. (She's 65 & needs the money for FOOD) This month both times I sent online I recieved a confirmation screen with MTCN # & when the person tried to pick it up it was denied. I spent countless hours on the phone for 3 days trying to no avail, to straighten this out.
As a last resort I went to my grocery store to send money last night. Today I get a call saying she still cannot get them to give her the money. At last count I sent 400$ twice & 150$ last night, plus 60+$ in charges. This company is outrageous! Costumer service is the worst I have EVER had to deal with!
(I tricked them & sent the money to a different person & she recieved the money through her friend.)
I don't know what they are doing about fraud, but clearly it is unsucessful. But they are very sucessfull at blocking legit. money transfers! Shame on them, someone went hungry because of their stupidity!
I will find other methods to send money in the future & am contacting a lawyer! I WILL GET ALL MY MONEY BACK! This co. is on the fast track to FALIURE!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Well i applied to Rise for a loan and submitted my info. Now their requesting me to send a copy of my ID and Social Security Card. Its sounds shaky..."
- "Yesterday I have experienced such rude treatment from one of your tellers that I refuse to tolerate it any longer. Each time I try to make a transaction through Mr...."
- "i sent money to my husband in nigeria and my daughter, sent in 4 lots of $500, when they presented their collection numbers, they were told one lot had been..."
- "I won an auction for a Garmin GPS Dec. 30,2010, and now I'm told it will be Feb 14,2011 before delivery. ordered another by mistake, because the big "PAY NOW"..."
- "It cannot be published to the website, but.. — CC__, Our staff has read your review and values your contribution. However, it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks..."
- "This was in a friend salad 2 days ago olive garden Laurens rd Greenville sc..."
- "I have been a loyal customer of Amazon since 2002. In the beginning they were a customer oriented company. Since 2006 I have noticed that this is changing,..."
- "The answer to the main question asked in reviews on Ovaltine, "What happened?" is, sadly, Nestle's bought them out. Nestle's, contrary to what they would have us believe, and of..."
- "So this is the second time I've rented from this enterprise in statesboro first time I had no issue other than them not honoring my AAA discount but that was..."